What Types Of Information Do We Collect?
Information that you provide
We collect information that you choose to provide to us. This may include information that may personally identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, year of birth, gender, zip code, country, mailing address, and credit card number, other billing information, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information. For example, we may collect personal information from you when you register on the Site, subscribe to one of our services, enter sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, and at other times. We also collect credit card information in connection with any purchase you make on or through the Site. The decision to provide this information is optional; however, if you decide not to register or provide such information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site or other services.
Using technologies that are widely used on the Internet, we may automatically collect non-personal information that does not identify an individual user, such as IP (internet protocol) address, ISP (internet service provider), the Web browser used to visit the Site, the time the Site is visited, which Web pages were visited on the Site, a unique mobile device identifier (in connection with the use of the Sites or related services from mobile devices) and other anonymous Site usage data.
When you use the Services, we may collect information about your location separately from your address or other information that you provide to us explicitly; For instance, we may use the GPS feature of your mobile device or your IP address to help determine your geographic location.
If you prefer that we not know your geographic location, you can disable the function when you first use the Services in which we collect information about your location (or later, if your mobile device allows you to change the settings after initial download). Disabling the geolocation function may prevent you from using certain features of our services that require location information.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use personal information and non-personal information for internal purposes, including:
- enhancing your experience at the Site;
- performing administration and technical support for the Site;
- enabling you to enter sweepstakes, contests and other promotions;
- enabling you to use certain services and features available on or through the Site;
- creating aggregate information about demographics and usage patterns;
- inviting our promotional vendors and advertisers—with your permission—to call to your attention special offers, products and services that may be of interest to you;
- contacting you to provide information about the Site, the Services or other products and services in which we believe you may be interested, including legal notices or information about changes to this policy or our Terms of Service;
- managing your account, perform billing and payment activities, and update you on your account status (including confirmation of registrations or notices of subscription expiration);
- enabling purchases of goods and services;
- providing you with the products and services you request;
- responding to your requests, questions, and comments;
- performing business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, the products and services we offer, including through surveys and questionnaires;
- delivering targeted advertising, as described below
- as we believe is necessary to protect our rights and the rights of others, including by enforcing our Terms of Service;
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may use aggregate information to measure general Site usage patterns and characteristics of our user base, and we may include such aggregate information about our audience in reports to our commercial vendors. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics (for example, a certain percentage of our users live in a certain area) without your permission in order to describe our audience to existing and prospective advertisers or other third parties. However, this aggregate information does not reference names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, or other personal information, and it is not traceable to a specific recipient or user e-mail address.
With Whom do We Share this Information?
We may share the information that we collected about you through the Services in these ways:
- with authorized service providers that help us provide the Services or perform other business functions for us, such as sending emails, hosting web service, or distributing our products and services (but these service providers are not permitted to use personally identifiable information that we provide for any purpose other than to provide service to us);
- in the context of contests or other promotions in which we identify an outside entity, with the identified entity;
- with select third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, although you may choose up front and at no cost that we not share personally identifiable information that we have collected about you for these purposes by emailing us;
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law;
- to enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, or otherwise protect or defend our rights or property or the rights or property of others, or the safety of the public
- in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form;
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may share personal information with entities controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Viet My. In the event that Viet My is merged, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, we may disclose or transfer your personal information and non-personal information in connection with such transaction.
From time to time, we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services including credit card processing, advertising, promotions, analytics tools, data management, Web hosting, and Web development. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. Each Service Provider must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of your information in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
Although unlikely, in certain instances we may disclose your personal information when we have reason to believe it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Viet My or its affiliates, or to others. We may also disclose your personal information when we believe the law or legal process requires such disclosure. Please note that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit your personal information to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission.
In addition, if you choose to participate in social features on the Services, such as commenting on a story or chatting with other users, any information that you submit will become public. It may become accessible through search engines or, if you sign in using credentials from a third-party social networking service, to users on that service. Unless otherwise noted, we do not limit the distribution of information that you share using these features.
Many of the Services are offered to you free of charge, and we cover the cost of providing those services by displaying advertisements. Many of these advertisements are targeted, which means that advertisers tell us the type of audience they want to reach (for example, men over 25 years old). We will display the advertisement to users meeting those criteria, but we never provide the advertiser with information about the specific individuals who receive the ads. The targeted ads on the Services may be provided by us, or they may be provided by a third-party vendor. For more information about targeted ads, including how to opt-out of receiving them, please click here.
We use encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of personal information that you share with us. However, no security system is impenetrable; no data transmission over the Internet (or, with respect to our mobile services, over cellular phone networks) can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of our database, any information you transmit to or from the Site, nor can we guarantee that the transmission of the information to or from our Site will not be intercepted. You do so at your own risk.
Ý Kiến Độc Giả, Social Network, Feedback, Comment and Other User Generated Content
Our Ý Kiến Độc Giả, social networks, mobile messaging services, and user-generated content (i.e., photos, videos) can be a useful way for you to express yourself to other online users. When you post messages or otherwise use these features, the information that you provide (including personal information) may be publicly available to, collected by, and used by third parties. We are not responsible for the content of such messages or images posted by users or such disclosures of personal information.
Children’s Privacy Statement
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
Changes to this Policy